SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 08:19:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Movie Lawless - Great Soda Signs  (Read 3034 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:03 pm »

Was watching the movie Lawless last night on DVD and what made the movie for me was there was about 3 scenes that showed a front porch of a 30's diner that had some great soda signs on it and not just Coke although there was a Coke Jr. there. There was also some gas stuff. Movie was good so if you guys get a chance check it out.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

I noticed after I got into this hobby three years ago some amazing stuff in my favorite Christmas movie, Its a Wonderful Life
krovel
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:56 pm »

In its a wonderful life he has a monitor top fridge, I was very jealous. One day I hope to get one.

Westinghouse WB-60 (single select)
Westinghouse WB102
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 08:53:11 pm »

In its a wonderful life he has a monitor top fridge, I was very jealous. One day I hope to get one.

They are on craigs list all the time for about $300!! The good part is that they are so bulletproof they usually work great!

Tim
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:54:58 pm »

I noticed in a Christmas Story an Orange Crush sign and the sign Ralphie had his target on was a Golden Age sign. Served him right nearly shooting his eye out for using that sign as a back stop.  biggrin

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 08:33:40 am »

I just finished watching my favorite New Year's Eve Marathon, Twilight Zone.  There are a ton of episodes where gas pumps, soda machines, jukeboxes etc .  You see something  cool in almost every show.

BC

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 08:45:34 am »

I just finished watching my favorite New Year's Eve Marathon, Twilight Zone.  There are a ton of episodes where gas pumps, soda machines, jukeboxes etc .  You see something  cool in almost every show.

BC

BC I was just about to post the same thing.  I got Netflix for my tablet and have been watching some of the old Twilight Zone episodes and they have a lot of great stuff in those shows.  The very first episode "Where is Everybody" is loaded.  There is a diner/gas station scene with an interesting cooler out front as well a lot of nice gas and oil.  Then inside there is a great jukebox.  There is also a drugstore scene with a nice soda fountain including a Coke outboard fountain.  And don't forget about all of the great cars!

I also watched a Star Trek episode: "A Piece of the ACtion" that has a great vintage ice cream cart in it.

drinking Tim drinking
jbachman2
5 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 03:48:36 pm »

I noticed in a Christmas Story an Orange Crush sign and the sign Ralphie had his target on was a Golden Age sign. Served him right nearly shooting his eye out for using that sign as a back stop.  biggrin

Yeah, I noticed both the Orange Crush and the Golden Age sign too with this years viewing of A Christmas Story.

My Machines:

Ideal 55 Slider
Westinghouse WB-78-66-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: