SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 09:04:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Storage Wars  (Read 2571 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« on: December 20, 2012, 12:15:59 am »

Ok, so assuming its not real, would they really spend 300,000 on art in a locker and take the chance someone else bought it? I'm just saying... Seems like a lot to plant and take that risk

Tim
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:00:22 am »

Hmmmmm
Well, 1.  The entire group of bidders there bould be planted / fake.
        2.   If the group  is not fake, then they tell the shows stars to bid to a billion because it's a rigged locker, and in the end they don't really pay.
        3.   The art is on loan from someone looking to promote their work, and it's advertising for them, it's ratings for the show, win win for all.

When Darrel was told the worth, he barely reacted, and his son looked like he was more interested in the score of a mens volleyball game.  I saw him act happier when he scored a few bucks behind a picture frame!

When Brandi and Jarrod (is that his name!??) walked off after losing out, he even said in a bad acting kinda way "maybe theres nothing good in there".
Why is it on that show NO one other than the cast membes makes noise when they bid?  Only the cast members yell, laugh, scream, YUUUP.  All the other people just raise their hand.
Why is it that when others do bid, none of the cast members taunt them or jab at them during the bidding?
I saw a few shows where when they opened the locker, boxes were opened and looked thru, but then when the bidding starts / going thru the locker, those same boxes are now closed.

The show is so fake / rigged that I love it lol
Although now that Dave will be off the show, it will soon jump the shark.

happydrinkers
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:33:37 am by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 09:06:05 am »

Well, 1.  The entire group of bidders there bould be planted / fake. ----Public Auction, and there are more and more people every season...
        2.   If the group  is not fake, then they tell the shows stars to bid to a billion because it's a rigged locker, and in the end they don't really pay-- I don't get this, they win for a reasonable amount.
        3.   The art is on loan from someone looking to promote their work, and it's advertising for them, it's ratings for the show, win win for all.------ How is this win/win? Then break up the collection under someone else then it is public that the show is not real? That would draw attention to the situation.....

When Darrel was told the worth, he barely reacted, and his son looked like he was more interested in the score of a mens vollyball game.  I saw him act more happy when he scored a few bucks behind a picture frame!-----  It would also be one of the few times that he didn't say anything... like it was shock.... I agree, he usually has fake reactions, very fake cause he can't act!!!

When Brandi and Jarrod (is that his name!??) walked off after losing out, he even said in a bad acting kinda way "maybe theres nothing good in there".
Why is it on that show NO one other than the cast membes makes noise when they bid?  Only the cast members yell, laugh, scream, YUUUP.  All the other people just raise their hand---------- The same reason why they don't show streakers on TV during a sporting event, so it doesn't happen just to get on TV, and when they go somewhere with 20 lockers on the block, they don't show the other 18, just like they don't show bidding/verbal bids from others. The show is about the 4-5 poeple bidding on the lockers, not the 18 that their players did not win.  I'm sure they do not want to pay the other bidders to use their voice on camera. I was an extra once on a film and they had to pay us, but the couple of people that had to say something got paid a lot more.

Why is it that when others do bid, none of the cast members taunt them or jab at them during the bidding?------- Because they don't know them? Ever been to a real auction? The regulars know each other and you don't get a lot of extra jabbing during the bidding. THAT is all production.....   I've seen items driven up on price one someone, hell, I've done it!! note: if you bid too quickly and I know your style is to bid and then slow down when it gets closer to you max, its going to cost you!!! I go up against a certain very animated guy at the auction a lot. Sometimes I jump in on items that I don't want just because I have such a good read on him I can get him higher and blow his load and maybe it will help with the items that I do want. When it is a real "battle" and he wins he will even do a big "ya" and fist-pump. Ya, buddy I just cost you $300!!

I saw a few shows where when they opened the locker, boxes were opened and looked thru, but then when the bidding starts / going thru the locker, those same boxes are now closed.------ I'm going to have to start looking for this but I've never seen it. If they were going to "plant" items, I would expect it to be after they win, but before they go through it.

If its so rigged, why does barry always bid so much and almost NEVER win a good locker?
Why was Darrell shut out of lockers due to price for so long if you don't have to pay?

I agree there is a lot of production to it, but sometimes it just like hitting the jackpot on a $175 vendo 81D, or a free coke embossed slider... it happens.

And lots of lockers do go into default. Unfortunately, it happens to military members quite a bit, you get the orders overseas, can't bring all your stuff, you have to store it. Then money gets tight or your deployed and it slips, its gone. Also, when you go from one location to the next, you get there and go from a 3 bedroom house and they give you a tiny living area on base, you pay for storage.

I had a tenant that paid for a storage unit for 8 years when her husband died until her son turned 18 for the stuff that had to be stored that was going to her son.... then it was up to him to pay, she kept paying for him for a while, then she couldn't help him anymore.... Gone. She told me after the fact that she had let it go cause I would have paid the back rent to get the stuff she let go....... Packed. All the stuff you want your son to get when you die and the father had money.

I guess that is why I'm so sucked into these shows, I've seen it happen on the other end and I know what was in there. I know its not the norm, but someone found a copy of the Constitution at a thrift store... auctioned off for $400,000!!

Tim
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:36:09 am »

With point No.2.. what i mean is that if the locker is planted with an item of worth, like 300,000 art, hidden from view, and there are "real" people there bidding, the stars know this is the "fixed" locker so they don't let an outsider get it.  They have the freedom to bid to a billion because they dont have to pay the show.  No "normal" person will pay a billion for a locker of boxes and household items.   This way the locker and the items inside stay with the show.

Either way, like my 3 year old tells me;  "I like it because I like it"

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: