SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 06:25:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Great !!! Place :)  (Read 5816 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 10:18:28 am »

Special thanks to Larry and his wife Kim for having us over.  And thanks to Leonard, Sue and Pat for letting me tag along with them.  Had a blast!

I have pics on my cell that I will send to Leonard and Pat for resizing/posting.  You guys said photos were not to be posted, or the secret would be out on the great amount of machines that Larry has...incredible!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2012, 12:07:12 pm »

The jig is up... laugh.

Yeah, it was great having Leonard, Sue, Pat, and Bob over on Friday.  It was a crazy weekend for me.  I had a bit of a snafu that caused me to miss the dinner.  After loading up my van with four machines for an em buddy of mine, I had to unload them because he called afterwards and said that his plans changed and that he could no longer meet me.  By that time, I got into my car and the expressway was packed.  So I thought I would take the side streets for thirty plus miles, that didn't pan out either so I decided to stay home.  I really wanted to hook up with my old buddies and meet some new ones, but that didn't work out.  Anyone who has ever came over to my house from Pheasant Run knows about the traffic down, and I'm past downtown...go figure.

Anyway, I did get to hang out with some of the guys from the site, that's always a fun time.  I usually try to come up with some local pizza joints that are off the beaten path.  This time I chose Gullivers.  They have awesome deep dish, stuffed, or regular pizza.  The decor is a bunch of odds and ends stuck in every knook and crany of this place, tons of chandeliers, bust, carved wood faces, etc.  Everywhere you look you find something odd.  We ordered a few pizzas.....they screwed up on Bob's and Pat's, then they dropped a staple on our pizza.  Leonard was the lucky one.  It was a shame because it always has been a flawless experience.  The food was still good and we all had a lot of laughs. 

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the machines.  Usually, people look at them and are affraid to use them.  I have the hardest time getting people to play them.  They think there going to break them.  That's O.K. because I know someone who can fix them. biggrin  Bob wasn't shy at all he played them all which I enjoyed.  I should thank you guys for coming and playing the machines.  They just usually sit there waiting for someone to drop a coin in.  My kids friends never play them.  If you can't stare at the T.V. and use your thumbs, I guess, to them, it's no fun.

Tom....The DuGrenier is in my garage waiting for me.  The metal Typer is in the basement, by my chimney,waiting it's turn, and my Stoner coffee machine needs to have the boiler torn apart and cleaned.  Thanks Tom for your help in getting me the machines.  You're always welcome to come over anytime you're in town too.  Actually, anyone can come over.  I'll just put more beer in the machines.

A lot of stuff.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »

I have you logged on my US tour 2015... Gotta play those machines of yours.. Going to try and get the tour sorted for the April show... Dave
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 07:19:25 pm »

I like all of the beer signs, and the fact that Pat's phone looks dry (sorry). I have the same Blatz unicycle guy in my gameroom!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

Let us know your tour plans Dave. I live about 45 minutes southeast of Chicago.

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: