SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 07:52:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CSS-64FS - which is older?  (Read 3091 times)
darrelcraig

« on: August 10, 2012, 11:59:39 am »

First, everyone who says you can't buy just one is right. And thanks again to the advice from johnnieg and friends which helped me fix my Westinghouse a couple of months ago. From the looks of it, that machine was wired backwards from the factory and seemingly was never actually used.

Oh yea.  Hi, my name is Darrel and I'm addicted to Coke Machines. Cool

I now have a Vendo 63, a Westinghouse WC-102-MD, a Cavalier C1-55 and two Cavalier 64s (of which I'll restore one...OK, maybe both).

So here's my situation:

I picked up a couple of Cavalier CSS-64FS machines and plan on using the two of them to create one machine which I'll restore. Machine 1, which is pictured, appears to be older.  I'm basing this on the two things: 1) The glass door has a horizontal bar near the top of the glass.  Machine 2 is just the outside frame and no bar in the middle. Also, the Cavalier logo on the bezel on machine 1 is curved, while machine 2's logo is straight.  Machine 2 has a light up top panel that says "Enjoy Coca Cola" while machine 1 has a solid metal panel that says "Drink Coca Cola". 

Machine 1 has a Vendo coin mechanism which was a surprise. Machine 2 was in pieces when I picked it up and has no coin mech, but  does have a working cooling system and is in overall decent shape.

Here's the confusing part.  The serial number on machine 1 is and 454347 machine 2 is 454022. If I only look at the serial numbers, it looks like these guys were almost neighbors on the assembly line - and machine 2 was built first.

Based on what I have here, can anybody say if one of these is older and/or which one would make the best restoration project?
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 12:12:46 pm »

Every 64 I've seen has the bar but yours could have been changed out, as well as the coin mech.  The Cavalier logo got bent, and the light was an option.
      Restore them both, they are great machines.

Glen
darrelcraig

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »

Logo got bent...I would have NEVER figured that out.  It's possible the door on machine 2 was replaced. They are both in decent shape, so who knows?  Maybe I will do them both.  Thanks for the reply.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: