SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:07:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WC-102MD Help needed  (Read 2993 times)
davin72
10 Cent Member

« on: July 20, 2012, 02:41:40 pm »

So just like some other people here im having problems with my vend motor. I can open up the front panel and insert the coin and see that the solenoid engages and can also hear that power is getting to the vend motor but almost seems like its not getting enough juice to turn the motor. The motor is not jammed or binding cause I can go in there with basically one finger and help it turn. Everything was working fine up till about two weeks ago and then it just stopped working. Is there something else I should look for....like maybe another switch or something. Id really like to get this thing working again and I know if it is the motor that is shot then im pretty much out of luck. Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Davin
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:36:25 pm »

I'm following up here as well since I just picked up a WC-60, smaller version of the WC-102.

I'm new with these 60's machines so go easy on me...
Trying to trouble-shoot the motor without having to cut electric wires and bench test things...
The motor appears to be coupled to some form of gear reduction housing so my question would be to know if the motor should rotate freely by turning the attached cam...? At this time, I cannot rotate the motor via the cam. I removed, slide the tin motor cover up the wire leads, to see inside the motor housing and things look pretty clean.
Before I get aggressive and cut/remove the motor housing, I wanted to hear from any of you that have technical experience with these motors/systems...

Thanks in advance!

My six cents,

Jim

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »

Jim,

Check out my tutorial on disassembly of the motor: http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,14794.0.html

I couldn't rotate the shaft with the motor in there, plus you risk stripping the plastic gears. 

davin72
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:26:38 pm »

Only problem is..is that not all the motors are the same as what you took off and rebuilt. Mine looks similar to yours but it isnt the same and I cant figure out how to get it apart and rebuild it. I think someone mentioned this in your rebuild post that they had the same problem. Your motor is just a little different.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »

I think you're right Davin, I do remember that.  As for testing the motor, you can use a screwdriver and disengage the cam switch next to the motor, but make sure that the inventory switch is also down.  You should energize the motor, and be ready if you have some product in it, you'll have to catch it.

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »

Watch your fingers around the motors' cam-disk too & the associated linkage, it is merciless & will grab the unaware quickly, (use a small screwdriver to activate the cam-switch)

I have been able to carefully rotate the motor shaft by hand, but the gear-ratio is working against you, first disconnect the link that lifts the vending gate assy. or you have all of that weight working against you also.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: