SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 01:02:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glasco slider question...Slider-Bob HELP!  (Read 2451 times)
redhawk

« on: July 27, 2012, 07:08:57 pm »

Ok. I'm not even sure what it is. Inside my Glasco 50 on the back panel near the top is some type of device or switch. While trying to unscrew the nut, I broke it on the backside. It taps into the electrical wiring. What is it? And, any ideas where I can get a replacement 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 07:15:56 pm »

It completes the circuit to the fan inside the box (that little fan squeals real loud when it runs) biggrin
      You can tie the 2 ends together and eliminate the switch and fan motor, it will still cool just as well as the Ideal 55's.

Glen
redhawk

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »

Thanks MoonDawg. Was it a switch? That allowed you to turn on/off the fan? I did tie the wires together but that will mean the fan will run constantly, right? What do you think about me getting a toggle switch so I can control that little fan...especially if its noisy?  Thanks, Randy
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »

The switch is triggered on/off when you open/close the lid.

When the lid is closed, the fan button gets pushed in and circulates the inside air and runs.

When the lid is opened, the fan stops circulating air until you close the lid, then it starts again.

Moondawg is right..You don't need that circulating fan for it to cool.  It just helps regulate the temperature inside to a more constant temperature measurement.  Just make sure the compressor fan always runs below, or you will burn up the compressor.

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
redhawk

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 10:04:27 pm »

Awww. Ok. Makes sense. My lid must be missing the "pusher". Does anyone make replacements for them?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: