SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:13:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner candy Machine  (Read 8368 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 08:15:49 pm »

Very fair, one just like it went for $700 on ebay just a couple of days ago, I just left his house picking something else up.

Tim
redhawk

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 12:52:27 am »

Ok Guys, I just got home from picking it up. I'm so freakin stoked! I had to drive all the way down to San Ysidro, CA., about 2 miles from the Mexican border. If I didn't go tonight he had a guy (or so he says) coming at 10:00 am from Ventura (about a 4-5 hr drive) tomorrow. I negotiated all day with him and he let me have it for $450. I noticed its kinda top-heavy, probably from all the shelves. At least thats what i'm hoping. No keys to check out the inside. Got it based solely on his word that it used to work before it was stored away. I'll check it out first thing in the a.m. and post some pics. Thanks for all the advice. It helped me pull the trigger! Smiley
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:17 am »

They are very top heavy.. All the mech is in the top part.. Jus a base at the bottom.

Hope its all there and works okay.. I'm sure it will..

Dave
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 06:04:43 am »

Congrats to you. I think you scored a great deal

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 06:25:43 am »

Welcome to the Stoner club! happydrinkers

That is a good price for that machine.  You are correct, these machines are very top heavy as the majority of the weight is in the vending rack which is in the top half of the machine.  My recommendation would be to put some weight in the base when you get it working if any kids will be using it.

When you get it open, post some pictures of the insides and I am sure the collective wisdom on this site will help you to get it working.  There are some Stoner manuals in the download are that will likely be helpful to you.

drinking Tim drinking
redhawk

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 10:49:20 am »

Thanks Tim, I will definitely download that. Here are some pics I just took. Inside is complete and after a little tinkering, works perfectly with dimes. Having issues making the nickels work, but the more I loosen things up it machine functions better and better. When I picked it up last night it was kinda dark in the storage and now in the light I noticed a couple of things. I was jazzed when I niticed that the mirror was original with the arrow and graphic being under the glass of the mirror. But I noticed a small crack near the bottom of mirror, not sure if the pic shows it. Also the exterior bottom front panel appears to be a nicely painted piece of plywood bolted on. Hope I can find one of those panels. Looks like I had a mouse passenger at the top center in the candy racking. Randy
redhawk

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:25 am »

More inside pics
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:08 am »

I have found out the hard way, there is normally someone coming the next day for a good Stoner at a cheap price.

Tim
CoolCat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:24 am »

Nice looking machine... Congrats!!!

I would recommend that you pull the vending stack and sanitize it, though, if you plan to use the machine before/without restoring it.  I wouldn't feel comfortable putting candy/food in there knowing that there have been critters living on the shelves.  I pulled mine out and degreased/cleaned it and then lubed everything and put it back in the machine because it had been sitting for a long time.

David

C-51
Vendo 63
Popcorn Machine

...needs more toys.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 11:59:44 am »

I have found out the hard way, there is normally someone coming the next day for a good Stoner at a cheap price.

Or someone came and picked it up an hour ago.  darn

Glen
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: