SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 01:54:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your other interests/hobbies?  (Read 16883 times)
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 10:31:01 pm »

Ok, now that I have a second to explain... Being from Maine I am a red sox fan. I collect red sox game used equiptment and team signed items from the world series... I have David Ortiz's and John papelbon's away pants from the 2007 world series game 4, John Lester's autographed pants, varitek's bat, every full ticket from the 2004 world series and 2007 world series. The 2004 tickets game 3&4 are rare because the ripped the tickets, so you basically had to have a ticket and NOT go to history to keep them full!!

GO SOX!!

Tim
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »

Tom..I feel a little better about you collecting red sox pants instead of men's regular pants. You creeped me out for a minute there!

LOL

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Pat Pixley
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 10:36:25 pm »

Soda machines , shot glasses , and old things  oh
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 10:37:09 pm »

Things that make me feel good. Make me remember how great things used to be. Always collected Soda Pop as I own a restaurant and thought the old trays and signs would look good displayed. Things then just exploded. 4 EM pinballs, a Seeburg R, my classic rock collection on vinyl makes me feel good. A collection of books related to 40s, 50s, 60s concerning Diners, Drive In Theaters, Route 66, Motels, Doo Wop (NJ) motels and related architecture. Oh, and PEZ candy dispensers.
I also collect dreams. The kind that go "Someday I'm gonna get a" (insert item you cannot afford right now here).
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 10:37:42 pm »

I have a collection of just random older stuff that I thought was pretty cool (like my pepsi machine, some film reels, gas pump, drive-in speakers etc). I also am going to school to be a machinist so I have some model steam engines that I built and bought and one of my larger collections is my Civil Defense collection. Right now I have about 7 or 8 geiger/survey meters hundreds of pages of documents showing evacuation routes, shelter locations and warning information (cool thing is they are all from the towns around me so I know where the places they are talking about are), some fallout shelter signs, some training film strips, an old helmet and some books explaining everything from shelter construction to how to deal with a nuclear disaster from an attack to a truck tipping over containing radioactive materials. Have not read much of the books but they are pretty interesting. Also working on getting my own outdoor movie setup going. Got some drive-in speakers a few years back and since then have been slowly getting the projector (large CRT projector) screen and sound system built. Finally got all the main components for it and am now working on getting the stuff for them built like screen supports and a table for the projector. Once that is done and everything is running a popcorn machine will be the next thing.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:40:26 pm by scalebowler » Logged
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 07:16:49 am »

British cars....Triumph Spitfire's specifically, although I've cut back to just one for the time being after having 4 of them in the driveway/storage unit a short while ago.  Sold and/or traded them for parts and kept my first one.  My wife is much happier now.

I also have a nice little collection of Warner Bros stuff - mostly animation cells and old lobby posters with a few other odds and ends.  Bugs Bunny was a hero of mine.   laugh

I also love to cook and am finally getting into "real" BBQ'ing as my boys bought me (read:  I bought myself) a Kamado style charcoal grill for Father's day this year.  Smoked my first pork shoulder (or Boston Butt if you prefer) this past weekend.  Looking to do some beer-can chicken this weekend.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 08:20:42 am »

MaineT
I saved every sporting event ticket that I've ever gone to (we're talking several hundred) and the best of my ticket stubs are un ripped (shows our age with the ripping, as opposed to the bar scanning lol) tickets from the '91 baseball All Star game held in Toronto, as well as Unripped '92 and '93 World Series tickets (home games only) AND unripped first ever game held at Rogers Center (known as SkyDome when it opened) where the Blue Jays play.

I have all these unripped tickets because my friend from high school worked the gates, and when we passed thru, he pretended to rip them, then handed them back  biggrin  The turnstile would have a count, but in reality, they never looked at the number vs. tickets collected.

SO, your tickets, which are great by the way, although were not ripped, I am sure that they were used in one way or another.
P.S.  This year my Jays are going to finish ahead of you  smile  Im hoping for a wild card... NY is just too good again this year.

Great thread by the way!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:06:07 pm by bonovox » Logged

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 08:37:03 am »

I collect whatever I think is cool, or things I thought were cool when I was young.  Pinball tables, jukeboxes, old telephones, movie posters and of course a few pop machines

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 11:43:48 am »

Hot rods

1932 5 window original Ford
1931 5 window Olds chopped and channelled

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
V63

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 12:22:37 pm »

Now in my early fifties.  I grew up on motorcycles, over the years I've had so many twin cylinder European bikes I can just barely recall them all. (Ducati, Moto Guzzi, BMW, Triumph, BSA, and my beloved Norton!

Clocks, (especially marine chronometers) and vintage pocket and wristwatches. (especially Railroad approved pocket watches)

Vintage tube audio gear, McIntosh, HH Scott, Altec, Dynaco, etc.  I match these relatively low wattage amplifiers with highly sensitive horn loaded loudspeakers like Klipsch La Scala, Altec 604 or 755, Lowther, etc.

Shotgunning, I love my 1964 Browning Superposed!  I have others too.

German cars.   I have nothing to say publicly about this!   biggrin

I also love my Oak manufacturing and Ford gum machines!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: