SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 11:44:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I have American Pickers on in the background and....  (Read 2616 times)
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« on: June 30, 2012, 06:13:13 am »

As I was working on the computer last night I had an old episode of American Pickers on in the background last night and Mike saw something (cant remember what right now) but they cut to him talking about repops and he explains how they are killing the hobby.  Have any of you seen the junk for sale on their website, what a hippocrite.
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:51:33 am »

Well, i have a different opinion on your statement. It seems to me that their site, antiquearchaeology.com is represented by mike and the gang and only sells shirts and actually picked items from their travels. Now if you're talking about the store, americanpickersstore.com or shophistory.com/pickers, whick is represented by the TV show producers....then yes, i see a bunch of nick knacks an repop stuff for sure. It gets confusing with everyone trying to take a slice of the shows success.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:58 am »

Met “Hobo Jack” this morning at a Swap meet here in Missouri... I've seen him several times but this time I asked him if he had
any soda machines or coolers laying around out there on his propertry... Said “No- that he didn't mess with the heavy stuff anymore”
He looked to be in good health.. was playing his guitar and harmonica ... was selling CDs he's been recording since 2001 but I'm sure
being on AMERICAN PICKERS helps as he had a photo of them all together I bought a CD.. He's not bad.. if you like Folk/Bluegrass/Hobo-ish music.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 03:58:51 pm »

you make a fair point, i did not think of it that way but i just went to the stores site to see what he sells and there is almost nothing for sale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: