SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 07:03:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modifying Vendo 23 for long necks  (Read 2077 times)
joesquid
25 Cent Member

« on: April 26, 2012, 06:19:50 pm »

Okay....I know I'm going to get beat up for this.....but has anyone modified a Vendo 23 to hold long neck beer bottles?   jawdrop  I intend to redo mine in Harley Davidson theme and give to my father in law. After putting a long neck in the basket, I see it won't clear the the bottle door opening since it is the lowest part of the spin top.  Would it be easiest to just grind away that part of the door opening to make it flush withe rest of the spin top?

Let the beatings begin  tounge

Eric "Joe Squid" Johnson

1955 Vendo 23 - awaiting restoration
1959 Westinghouse WC-44SK - awaiting parts
1967 Cavalier CS-64G - functional in house
1969 Vendo 63 - in restoration
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:35:21 pm »

Beatings will continue until moral improves :-)

Your machine do what you want. If reasonably possible to fab new parts that do the job that would be best. Maybe raise the door opening ?
Otherwise hack away.
Creighton
ss540
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:51:53 am »

I considered converting my standard 23 to hold longnecks, but that brainstorm came to me after I had assembled the machine.  I had to drive the honeycomb in because of powdercoating thickness, so it would be difficult to remove it now. 

If you were to remove the standoff legs on the bottom of the honeycomb, it might drop it enough for longnecks to fit.  If yours is disassembled, you might try a test fit.  You would have to slot the side of the tub some more for the refrig tubing to drop down the extra 2 or so inches.

Down in Texas
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: