SMC Discussion Areas
June 23, 2024, 02:51:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just picked up a Westinghouse WB78-K6-DA  (Read 3951 times)
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« on: March 14, 2012, 02:23:06 pm »

I found a Westinghouse WB78 today for 50.00 bucks.
Not a bad for them orginally wanting 200.00
Pros:
It seems to be complete
I rotated the vend motor and it cycled on its own.
Cons:
Compressor turns on but doesnt cool
Dont think the coin mech works

I have so many questions to this machine. I restored a vendo 110, and a glasco gbv-50 so far and wanted to try the 60's models but where do I start?
I want to restore it but I want to get it working first. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know if the two copper tubes coming out of the machine are normal? Picture 4
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:50:59 pm »

It would seem to me that there is more than $50 worth of parts on that machine.  Restored those are cool machines and the vend motor works.  The other parts you need should be available.  The copper lines and the mounting screws on the side tell me that there was once a water fountain on the side of that machine.

drinking Tim drinking
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 07:02:23 pm »

The Westinghouse models seem less common, very cool when restored.
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:57:14 pm »

It would seem to me that there is more than $50 worth of parts on that machine.  Restored those are cool machines and the vend motor works.  The other parts you need should be available.  The copper lines and the mounting screws on the side tell me that there was once a water fountain on the side of that machine.

drinking Tim drinking

You have any idea where I could find a drinking fountain for it? I think that would be a really cool feature to keep on it

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 04:52:27 pm »

The drinking fountains turn up on Ebay every now and then.  The main problem with the drinking fountains is any leaks will lead to rust.  I agree that it is a neat idea but may end up being more problems that it is worth.  And don't forget that you will need a drain for the water that is not drunk!  biggrin Cool laugh

drinking Tim drinking
LEDCREATIONS
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 04:59:56 pm »

The drinking fountains turn up on Ebay every now and then.  The main problem with the drinking fountains is any leaks will lead to rust.  I agree that it is a neat idea but may end up being more problems that it is worth.  And don't forget that you will need a drain for the water that is not drunk!  biggrin Cool laugh

drinking Tim drinking
I'll aim it outward as punishment for wasting water Haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: