SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 02:34:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need ideas and help with 7 UP lacrosse 81  (Read 6127 times)
TARANDY24

« on: February 04, 2012, 11:25:54 pm »

So I picked this up for 100 bucks today. I think everything is in there, but no key. What should I do to get it opened? Drill it and replace it?

Also any information on this 7 up lacrosse EC 81 would be appreciated.  I have read that this is actually a square top from the 50's.  Have also read it is a hard to find machine and parts are impossible, then again I have read the opposite as well. So calling all Lacrosse experts please chime in. I need to get this thing open and almost drilled it but thought someone out here would know what to do other than drill.  It does have some dents, which I didn't know about until the 100 was negotiated.  He prob would have taken 75-80 but I knew he could use the extra 20 more than me.

This machine is kind of generic to me and just thinking about pimping it out into a fantasy piece. So everyone please throw me some ideas. The sign is cracked anyway so I will be hard pressed to find another.  Does anyone know if the signs from different lacrosse 81 are interchangeable or is the shape of the sign cut into the metal?  I have seen the diamond shaped RC and was wondering if that could go on this machine.
TARANDY24

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 11:44:58 pm »

Anyone guide me how to get the dents out of this thing?  These are very heavy!!!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »

I think it depends on where you are located as far as parts.  There seems to be more LaCrosse machines in the midwest.  As a matter of fact, I looked at a machine identical to that one about a year ago.  I think they were asking $200 for that one and the 7up sign was also cracked.  The machine was in Saginaw, MI.  Not the same one is it?

As far as the lock your best bet is going to be drill it out and replace it unless there is a key code printed on the lock.  Even so, you may have dificulty locating a replacement key.

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 05:51:32 pm »

If you drill the lock, use a small 1/8" or 9/64" bit and keep enlarging the slot up and down at the same time. Once you get it open, remove the lock and use needlenose pliers to remove all the pins in the tumbler then re-install it. It will work fine with a slotted screwdriver from then on.

Glen
TARANDY24

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:42:12 pm »

There is a number on these locks, if it is a key code I don't know. I will try the drill thing! I will prob have to do it to the door and coin mech, right? Should I be able to replace them once it is open?  This guy said he had this machine for 20 years, so I don't think it was the one in saginaw unless he had it up there on craigs list because he did say he had it on CL. His neighbor confirmed he had it for a while.  Did that one have a dinged up corner?  I think I seen that on a post here and the crack looked identical! Still need some fantasy ideas for this machine, or should I just refinish it in green 7 up? 

What about the screws that hold the panels on these things, anyone know what kind of screw head these are? Look like rivets but I think they are screws.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »

If there is a number on the lock outside chance you can get a key.

A driver for the screws can be found at Ace/Menards called a clutch head.

Creighton
TARANDY24

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 05:17:58 pm »

Creighton
You are the man! You know everything, I will try those two tips first. Thank you Sir!
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »

I have the RC Cola diamond shaped sign. Contact me if you're interested.

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
TARANDY24

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »

Hey there chedki, sent you a PM about that sign. Not sure if you got it. I might be interested.
Do you have any experience with these Lacrosse machines. Not getting much feedback about it. PM me about the sign. THANKS RANDY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: