SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 05:08:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V 39 Question  (Read 3247 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: January 04, 2012, 08:28:28 pm »

Wondering if someone can help  smile

With my Vendo 39, it has wheels at the back to allow for tilting the machine, and moving it (what they used to do back in the day)
I want to remove these wheels (keep them of course) because I have a tough time moving the machine in my basement that has engineered hardwood. 
WHat I do to my machines is put those small furniture moving felt pads, and then I can just slide the machines around in my mancave by myself.  With the wheels, the machine is too heavy, and it would dent the wood.

SO my question is, do you think the bottom levelers that can be bought for the Vendo's can be screwed into place where the bolt is for the wheels? (hope I explained that right lol)
I just want to put legs on the back, where the wheels are.  Also, in doing this, it allows me to put the machine closer to the wall, and it just looks better tight to the wall then sticking out because of the wheels.

Thanks guys!

Oh, and I've added a couple of more machines to my collection, just gotta pick them up, and will post pics of my new friends  happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:29:22 pm »

All of the machines were drilled with provisions for the floor levelers, the threaded mounting holes should be in each corner, the casters option was just that, an "option" that was added to the rear outer corners of the machine &  a grab/handle bar across the back to tilt it back & move the machine.  Your machine should accept a standard set of levelers no problem. ( unless someone modified it)

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure the standard thread on the levelers is 1/2"-13, if you want to grab a bolt from the hardware store and double check before you order the levelers.  Or just check the threads on the old wheels.

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »

Just be sure to get locking casters that are rated for the weight and not too big.  The higher that machine gets off the floor, the easier it will be to tip it over.  Also be especially careful when the main door is open.  I learned that the hard way when I had my USS 64 on a dolly to do some cleaning.  Luckily no damage to the machine but I spilled about a quart of Goo-Gone all over the garage floor and that was no fun to clean up.  Lot of citrus oil in that product!

Grainger should have rubber casters that will fit the bill.

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:29:20 pm »

I'm pretty sure the standard thread on the levelers is 1/2"-13, if you want to grab a bolt from the hardware store and double check before you order the levelers.  Or just check the threads on the old wheels.

The thread is 3/8-16 I think and leg levelers utilize the same hole as the bolts that attach the bottom of the wheel.
I like the handle dolly kits, but I too wouldn't use those wheels on a nice floor. Have you considered swapping the cast iron wheels out for rubber ones? A standard shoulder bolt and nut hold the wheels on. Then you could have the best of both worlds! And yes you would not be able to get the machine as close to the wall, but most manuals do suggest you should have 3" or so clearance between a wall and the machine. You could get some of those adhesive backed floor protectors for the front leg levelers. My two cents..
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:31:31 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 04:42:00 pm »

Thanks all for your insight and help!!!!

Im gonna check the threads and head to Home Depot and see what they have.
If not, then Im gonna order the legs from funtronics.

I could put the rubber wheels and get the best of both worlds, but I have no intention of using this machine to dispence, so Id rather it just be as clost to the wall as possible.

Again, thanks all!
What would I do without this site! lol

Im not on Facebook, so my wife calls this site FACECOKE lol

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 05:25:43 pm »

You may not find the legs at Home Depot.  Too much of a specialty item.  I also looked for them at Lowes and Menards with no luck, but I was able to find them in stock at my local Westlakes Ace hardware.  I would recommend them if you have one in your neck of the woods.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: