SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 07:16:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I watched TV.  (Read 9371 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 10:25:24 am »

I did something that I have not done in a long time , When I got done working out in the garage I went in the wife was watching something on life time  upstairs
 So I went downstairs with my laptop  in hand and turned on the radio and put a CD in and listed to some music .

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 10:51:10 am »

I have a radio in my shed now and its great... Always had a radio on when I was a kid but with 1000's of TV stations
the kids come straight in and the TV goes on. Sanctury can now be had in my outpost.. 
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 11:13:32 am »

I have a small 13" digital TV in my shop that has a radio tuner built into it also.
Most times I just have the radio on, but can play some sports that are broadcast OTA as well.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pat Pixley
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »

I do have a old Pioneer Stereo Tuner in my garage   (evan have a few drive in speakers hooked up to it )  but it is more for the back ground noise.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 01:33:43 pm »

Pat,
don't toss the tuner,  depending o n the mopdel, it could be big bucks to a collecto.
i had a guy drooling over my Fishwer  floor speakers, made a car payment with what he bought them for. I almost tossed them to the curb thinking they were dated/

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 01:39:24 pm »

I would be lost without music playing whereever I am in the house, garage, yard, shop, car.
I have an older stereo with speakers in the garage/shop, one on the back porch with outdoor speakers that fill the backyard/pool area with music, and pretty much a whole house music system. All of it can hook into my Itunes or Pandora so I can have commercial free music anywhere in the house and cars.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 02:13:31 pm »

That's the only thing I don't like the commercials. I'm always changing channels in my car to avoid the commercials.
Pat Pixley
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 02:37:26 pm »

when I was a kid my friend dad had a shop that was all in closed in his pole barn and it was the greatest place to be  he restored any old Ford  he had a ton of mustang around , but back to his shop
 he had the old wood stove  in the corner  and five or six chairs in there for the bull S**t Story telling  and the farrah fawcett poster and other old pictures  and he had a old stereo (I think it was a phillips ) in there and car speaker and drive in speakers all hooked up to it, you could go to any place in that pole barn and you could hear music even outside behind it  he had speakes all over  .
 It was a cool place to be.  
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »

I would be lost without music playing whereever I am in the house, garage, yard, shop, car.
I have an older stereo with speakers in the garage/shop, one on the back porch with outdoor speakers that fill the backyard/pool area with music, and pretty much a whole house music system. All of it can hook into my Itunes or Pandora so I can have commercial free music anywhere in the house and cars.

I have DirectTv and I pipe Satellite music all throughout the house and 3 other sets of speakers in the garage and surrounding the outside of the house. Anytime I'm working in or around the house or hanging by the pool, the music is on. My wife and kids went to the beach for a few days, and the only time the tv has been turned on is when I go to sleep..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: