SMC Discussion Areas
June 24, 2024, 07:15:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody familiar with Ale 8 1  (Read 7162 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 08:51:36 pm »

Vernor's in bottles is reserved for the elite soda drinks of Michigan...   Either that or no other states wants it  Oo

As the old Vernor's ads used to say, "It's a one of a kind soft drink!"  If you have never had it, you are in for quite a surprise with the first taste.  Way better than Canada Dry and ginger ales of that type!

My dad loved Vernor's because Jim Vernor was the first registered pharmacist in Michigan and he was an original member of the Michigan Board of Pharmacy.  My father and grandfather were both registered pharmacists and they operated a drug store on the east side of Detroit for over 40 years.  We had a full soda fountain where the jerks were down in the pit and had to reach up to place orders on the marble counter.  Unfortunately, it had to be shut down in the 60's when the cooling system failed--a pre-freon system (ammonia I think or something like that?)--and it was too costly to justify fixing it.

I wish I had some pictures of that soda fountain when it was in operation.

drinking Tim drinking
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 08:57:04 pm »

I'm always surprised that in the DC area, I can find Vernors and Diet Vernors in almost every supermarket soda aisle.  Now for some HOT ginger ale, I bought some hot Blenheim down in SC when I was passing through, unbelievable how hot it is.

David D
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 09:23:21 pm »

My wife loves Vernor's, every trip to Michigan we try to bring a case or so back home.  I agree it's by far much better than Canada Dry it's got a kick... just wish they distributed in Illinois.
jnapp18
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 10:33:33 pm »

Big in KY.. IT IS DISGUSTING
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:39 pm »

Nasty? You haven't tried anything nasty until you have tried Moxie!

If THAT isn't the God's honest truth.....

Steve

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 08:51:27 am »

We have it here in Florida at publix. I am pretty sure in cans and bottles.
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 10:53:56 am »

This is your chance to own an ale 8 machine.

70's Ale 8 coke machine - $700 (Sheperdsville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-07-28, 1:34PM EDT
Reply to: sale-kenyz-2490110448@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 70's model original Ale 8 coke machine from winchester ale 8 factory. Machine workes and keeps drinks cold it is still in it's original formate so it takes nickels, dimes, and quarters and has a built in bottle opener. Machine is in decent condition easy to restore there are very little dents and dings there is just a little rust on some of the chrom peices. if interested please contact me at 270-823-3585

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: