SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 11:43:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to install handle on Jacobs 56 Pepsi-Cola Machine  (Read 3766 times)
GADick
« on: June 26, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »

I am new to this forum & I always wanted to have a vintage soda machine or two. Anyway the last few months of last year I began looking on the internet. I wound up purchasing 1) Jacobs 56 Pepsi-Cola Original, 2) Pepsi VMC 33 Restored, 3) Royal Crown Vendorlator 110 Soda machine Restored, 4) Coca-Cola Vendorlator 33 Original, 5) 1960's Vendorlator Pepsi & 6) 1960's Vendorlator Dr Pepper machine. Needless to say, my wife thinks I'm crazy. Four of the machines are still crated as I'm taking 2 to my son's house & still looking to find where in the my house & office to put the others. The Jacobs machine is running fine but not being very mechanically minded I have not figured out how to get the handle installed so the door will close & the handle is on the outside of the machine. I realize this is a dumb question from someone who owns these machines but I didn't buy them to work on them I just enjoy looking at em & drinking ice cold pepsi's.

If someone could be so kind to help a dumb Georgia cracker out it would be much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be asking further questions down the road. Sure am glad that I found this place. A good evening to all. Good Night.

GADick
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:45 am »

Welcome to the site!  happydrinkers Sounds like you got into the hobby in a hurry.  I am not familiar with the Jacobs machine but I am sure someone will ring in.  This is a great forum and there are a lot of helpful people here.  Pictures of those machines when you get a chance would be nice!  Also pictures of the specific issue with the Jacobs will probably help anyone who knows about the machine.

drinking Tim drinking
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:36:17 am »

Turn it counter clockwise then clockwise.  Where r you get your pepsi from for that machine?

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:28:48 am »

The crank handle has a clutch spring inside. Hit it with the palm of your hand toward the left to retract the handle then pop it back to the right when the door is closed. Welcome to the site. You really jumped in head first!
GADick
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 08:54:48 pm »

Thanks Guys, knew there had to be a way to do it. Now if anyone could help with the coin mechanism? When I put in coins they go straight through the machine. I thought I had read somewhere about having to have enough coins in the machine so it could vend but I don't know how to get the coins in the tube.

Also there are 4 bulbs for the lights on the machine. I'm hoping if you doin't have 4 working bulbs then none will work.

In regard to what size pepsi bottles to put in this machine, I was hoping the small plastic pepsi's would work but I'm not sure. Wish Pepsi would make the old glass bottles like Coke but as far as I know they don't.

Anyone that can help I'd appreciate it so I can get another machine set up & going.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 12:11:13 pm »

You can put coins in the ubes directly on top of the tube. But your problem is also you have to have product in the machine for it to take coins. Look on the back of the door and there is a flapper. This tells is there are any bottles in the machine. Without bottles it wont take coins this was so when it was in the fireld it would not take someones money if it was empty.

I doubt the plastic will work but I don't know about the Jacobs. You may be stuck with coke in your pepsi machine. Or you can buy bottles and a capper and fill them yourself. Several people on here do that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: