SMC Discussion Areas
June 25, 2024, 01:58:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 72 Leg leveler Question  (Read 3551 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: May 10, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »

I'm restoreing a VMC 72 for a customer and I found it interesting that it had the two Angle iron type of brackets near the front to hold the leg levelers but he back had no such brackets or a threaded hole to put any in? I see 3 holes on the back side of the machine that I'm assuming is where a Wheel Dolly Kit could have been used, (there was not one there when it came in my shop).  so the way it looks is if this machine just sits right on it's base? no actual legs like one a V81 or similiar? can anyone confirm this, I know a few of you have a VMC 72.

Thanks
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 04:32:22 pm »

John,
Never even seen a VMC-72, so can't help you there. Thought I had a manual for it, but guess not.
I did see on the VMC-33 cabinet parts list & schematics where it states that "Two (2) angles are shipped as loose items" - maybe they never got installed or fell off? On the 33, it lists one part number for all 4 angles, so I'd bet money they are all identical to one another.
Are the two you have attached with a pair of 1/4-20 hex nuts, bolts with lockwashers? That's what it has listed for the hardware.
Good luck!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:40:46 pm »

I have a 33 in my shop right now I just finished up for a customer and they are completely different bases..
the two "angel iron" peices mounted in the front are raised up , and it appears that the whole machine is supose to sit right on the actual base and the two on the front are more of a "leveler" than and actual leg...

Thanks for the input, we'll see what else others have to say.. .Larry has one I know , hopeing he'll chime in.. or I'll call him later

Thanks
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: