SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:33:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current Chrome Plating Prices  (Read 21830 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »

I too have used speed and sport and I think the work was top notch.. but they should change the name to Speed , SPort and Spendy!... they charged me 240 to chrome the trim that goes around the glass on a U select it machine!! wow... I about fell off my chair,, but again he did it and told me the amount later. wow..

I'm hoping we Erics process is just as great as i've heard , and if so.. Eric.. we'll make you a rich man,, granted hopefully in smaller increments, but still get you some good business!!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 02:52:39 pm »

The last batch of chrome I sent to Speed & Sport was 3 small door coin bezels, 6 crank handles, 6 bottle openers and 3 coin return bezels. I used to think there was a price break for multiple items done all at the same time.     
      Then after 6 weeks,Craig called me and said my order had already been shipped and he wanted $1300.00. No check, money order only

WOW !!   jawdrop   
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »

Thanks for the input everyone ! ! !

I get the pieces tomorrow and then I can see how the workmanship is on the lettering...

I definitely would have sent the pieces to Eric had I paid attention about his new process...
The large Vendo Coin Changer bezel needed a minor repair so I would have just sent these two parts to Speed & Sport...
Oh well, live and learn...

My six cents,

Jim

globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »

Ha, If I wanted to be a rich man...I would have just won the lottery instead... Oo

Guys, look....

I can't stress enough...I'M NEW AT THIS!!!!!  I can't be compared to Speed and Sport or anyone else,
who does plating. You want to compare compressor work??? I'll go up against ANYONE...but, this
is different and new, so it will take time. All I can guarantee, I'll do the best I can, and NOT take you
to the "cleaners".  I didn't learn compressors overnight...I didn't learn to be a sheet metal mechanic in
a week...welding, plasma cutting, in a month... and this won't be instant either. I like learning new things, and
I will strive to be the best I can be, at this too. I've got the "basics" and has taken over a year now, it's just experience from here on.

So, I hope this makes some sense. If you want "perfect" show chrome, don't give up on Speed and Sport. I'm aware of their reputation...they do great work. But, if you want a decent job, knowing that every single piece I do, is helping others who will benefit down the road, keep sending the work my way. As long as everyone is interested
in this new venture...I'll keep working hard and doing the best I can...it's an education!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:00:25 pm by globalcompressors » Logged

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 09:20:07 pm »

Spoken with honesty and sincerity Eric!
A lot of expenses seem to be rising nowadays....shipping has gone up.....groceries have gone up....gas is up....services are not much different, especially when the EPA is involved.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
blownmach

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 10:22:19 pm »

Eric, Just checking to see how the gumball machine parts are coming along, Thanks Randy
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 10:23:53 pm »

Thanks for making the effort Eric!! EPA and fed. regs have shutdown 3 companies I used for my biz.
Hope all goes well.
Creighton

BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 10:41:57 pm »

I can say that after recieving my order back from Eric, I am very pleased.  He is very honest and straight forward, and I think he understates his ability, but I certainly respect that.  I haven't used any other plater so I have no basis for comparison, but I think it is safe to say that if you are doing a machine for your own use, you cannot go wrong with Eric.  I would love to hear feedback from some of the guys who restore machines professionally for resale.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:44 am »

We send bike parts off pretty regular.  We have been using Browns Plating in Kentucky.  They did a coin changer bezel for me a while back and it was perfect.  The best thing about them is the turn around time 7 - 10 days.  

I do plan on using Eric's services for some stuff I need on some other projects.  

I have used other platers all over the country and Speed and Sport is mentioned often.  I can't get over why they won't take credit cards.  It is 2011.  My 7 year old could set up a credit card merchant if he needed to.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:29:29 am by Marvin » Logged
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 11:12:23 am »

No Marvin its May of 2011 LOL

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39