SMC Discussion Areas
June 24, 2024, 07:12:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMERICAN RESTORATION  (Read 26176 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 07:18:08 pm »

I finally got to see the 39 to a 72.. it was on tonight... amazing... And it was Rick's (American Restoration Rick)
brother who brought the 39 in to begin with to the pawn shop... AND $300 for that shell!!?... No wonder Craigslist machines are crazy money now.... good TV stuff... But my kids knew the different models as I have them both
so kinda neat to hear my 7 and 10 year old say what they really are.
Must have been a slow day of filming for them to come up with that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:03:38 am by johnieG » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 11:22:49 pm »

I do think the show has came around a little from the start. I think the coke machine and the gas pump he still has with the big dino on top was some  producer trying to make a big splash.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 04:53:09 pm »

I finally got to see the 39 to a 72..
[/quote

Look a this video they restored a 27 or shouldn't that be a 33???  Oo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epaTcDxt7rU

It's t.v. at it's best it's all about ratings!!  I met Rick last year when I was in Las Vegas he was friendly enough to show us around.  I wasn't able to really see the quality of the machines since they were all locked.  All the items that were customer items were all for sale in the showroom.  I saw the Coca Cola Grill Cooler in was in the back there were several pieces missing off it though...  upside I have to admit it got me interested in the hobby but SMC  site fueled my interest and really got me collecting!  I have saved some serious money by just keeping up to date on the people's posts.

Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 10:05:15 am »

It's always amazed me why people are so willing to fork over huge amounts of money to this guy when, when it comes right down to it, he's just not that good.   At the end of every show when they are showing the old vs. new piece take a close look.   He always brags about the chrome work or the paint.   When they do show close-ups you will 9 times out of 10 see bleed over on the paint, overspray, an incomplete sanding job so surfaces are still rough, the list goes on and on.   It drives me nuts...............and I'm a newbie!!!
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:59 am »

As others have stated you have to remember it is a reality show. Which really means it is all staged.  It has been documented that a large majority of the customers and buyers are staged for the show.  Some even work on the show (producers, ect.)  Thats why many of the items that were restored supposedly for a customer are in reality still for sale by Rick.  Like the $10,000 coffee machine.  You just can't get caught up in the story line. 

Greg
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2012, 03:35:23 pm »

Well, I finally sold the RC 81 to none other than Tyler Dale...Ricks son. They picked it up yesterday and it's on it's way to Las Vegas. The story Tyler told me is that he is buying it for his dad and going to give it to him as a gift on the show after a full restoration. Don't know if I'll see it but thought it was a bittersweet sale because I don't watch the show much. Their mediocre resto's and overcharging of the customers are not very appetizing. Time will tell so we will see.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2012, 03:58:10 pm »

Maybe they will convert it to a Coca Cola V-81!  Just kidding of course.  Hopefully you got your money's worth out of it.  It will be interesting to see how much they claim it is worth restored.  I am going to guess that they value it north of $20K.

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2012, 04:39:42 pm »

Oh my!  This should probably have been started in a thread of it's own, I see a lot of discussion to be following this machine and it's fate.

Glen
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 04:40:52 pm »

How did you advertise the machine?
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »

I hope you got a premium price for your machine.   

Well, I finally sold the RC 81 to none other than Tyler Dale...Ricks son. They picked it up yesterday and it's on it's way to Las Vegas. The story Tyler told me is that he is buying it for his dad and going to give it to him as a gift on the show after a full restoration. Don't know if I'll see it but thought it was a bittersweet sale because I don't watch the show much. Their mediocre resto's and overcharging of the customers are not very appetizing. Time will tell so we will see.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: