SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 07:37:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: La Crosse LCV-136-4 problem  (Read 5932 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: February 10, 2011, 02:51:10 pm »

I have someone who would like me to take a look at a La Crosse LCV-136-4 for them and I would like to see what you guys might think the problem might be. They are saying that as time went on fewer and fewer selections worked. I'm thinking maybe a switch is bad and telling the machine that a selection is sold out but just want to see what you guys think and what I should check when I look at it. Also from the pictures in the soda machine gallery on here it looks like the inside is pretty similar to my vendorlator 165 using the S track style vending rack and I was wondering if anyone knew if the la crosse used the solenoids to vend the product like my machine or used vend motors.
Thanks
Alex
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 10:18:26 pm by scalebowler » Logged
jimq

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 03:58:55 pm »

I had an old LaCrosse can vendor (can't remember the model #). It was a four selection vendor w/ S-type track, and used solenoids to vend individual cans. The solenoid would move a gate just enough to allow the can to pass into the delivery chute. They used a series of micro switches to recognize that the bin had product, and to reset the holding relay once the vend was complete. The micro switches were the weak part of the vending system.

Hope this helps.

Jim Q.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 05:58:12 pm »

That sounds just like the machine I have to work with. The micro switch problem is just what I was hoping to hear and if that is the problem then it should not be too bad to fix. Thanks!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »

I'm going over tomorrow to check it out. Will let you guys know how it goes.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 05:40:56 pm »

Went pretty good today. Found out that there is one switch that is bad and one solenoid is covered in so much pop that it won't move. Not sure if I can save it or not. I also discovered that they used cotter pins in a lot of parts and even in the vend gates so when the can hits the little gate the pin punches a hole in the can. Not sure what to do there.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 02:14:36 am »

Does anyone know what kind of solenoid I need for this machine? I can't get the pop gunk out of it and I have been told that it could have been weakened from the extra strain put on it. I measured the resistance of the coil and got around 12.5 ohms and it kind of looks like one of the solenoids from a bottle machine. Anyone have any ideas? I can get some pics of the part tomorrow.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 01:11:54 am »

Got the parts and the new solenoid installed and tested and the gate is greased up. Thing really goes now. Going to install it tomorrow and clean out the rest of the machine. Should be lots of fun.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »

Got everything installed today and cleaned up. Going back in tomorrow to test it since I did not have any cans with me to try it out with. Should work but I just want to make sure before I call it good. Also got to take the little pepsi sign that goes above the pepsi selection home and paint the red back on. It faded away.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:44:21 am by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 04:38:35 pm »

Went in today and tested it. The machine works great! I ran some coins through the coin mech and tested out each selection and had only one slight problem where I accidently put part of the rack back in wrong but it was a simple fix that took only a few minutes to remove and then screw back on. Still need to get some sold out lights and some bottle caps but the major problems are fixed and the machine is ready to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: