SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:01:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Acquisition of 2011  (Read 3517 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: February 04, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »

Have not picked anything up in a while but I have been looking.  Found this nice 4 chamber 1 cent vending machine on CL yesterday and I picked it up today.  Three of the four vending mechanisms work but one seems to be locked up.  It looks like that chamber was used to vend salted nuts because it is rusty.  No key but the lock rattled itself open on the drive home bcause I had the machine laid on its back.  Even though it has the original rubber feet, it looks like this machine might have had a base at some point because there are bolts extending out of the bottom that would have affixed the machine to something.

All I need to do is re-paint it in white and red, cover it with Coca Cola stickers and it will be worth $2000!  biggrin  Just kidding, I will restore it to the existing color--the chrome is in decent shape and the rest of it is nice and straight.  I am checking with Crow River Trading to get an ID but in the meantime, can anyone identify this machine--no visible manufacturers plate on it?  And whether or not it would have had a base--maybe Curtis???

On to the pics!

drinking Tim drinking

PS--That is Santa Fe Caribou--Bou for short--very, very retired racing greyhound making sure the machine passed the smell test!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:42:15 pm »

Great score!! Let me know if you find out anything. It appears to share parts with this one I've had for awhile. Never could find any info. Salt issues as well. The vend mech is robust so cleaning should correct it being locked up. Mine does have a key. Let me know and I'll get a copy cut and send your way.
Good job on saving Bou.
Thanks!!
Creighton
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:45:31 pm by Creighton » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:57:28 pm »

Creighton,

I'm no expert but your's looks like and early model Lawrence:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110641692347&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

or an early model Kandy King:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Kandy-King-candy-dispenser-machine-1950s-VGC-/170595590738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b84a2252

I'll let you know what I find out about mine.

drinking Tim drinking

PS--Bou and his adopted sister Rockin Bar Greta aka Greta are enjoying very comfortable retirements at our house.  If anyone is looking for a fantastic pet that is clean, quiet and good with kids, I highly recommend a retired greyhound.  They are great dogs and too many of them are put down every year by the racing industry!
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 08:03:29 pm »

Tim, nice find. I don't ever remember seeing any of those before. Where did they use to  have them... at restaurants or a five & dime?    Also, nice dog, my buddy was looking for a adult  dog from a shelter but didn't know what to get, he already has a 9 year poodle, how are they with other  dogs?   

Creighton, With both you and Tim having a salt issue,  would you say that these machine were primarily use for salted nuts?  I was looking at  some single dispensers that heated and lite up for nuts, but most that I saw where in bad shape. 

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »

Don't know what was in the 5 cent stack on mine. But it has corroded the inner side panels and dispense mech some. Not a big deal but another issue to deal with.
Suspect with heat moisture wouldn't be as likely to form. Less corrosion.
Creighton
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »

Ray,

Greyhounds are usually very good with all other animals.  Some of them have issues with smaller cats and dogs--remember, they chased a rabbit at the track.  But, the adoption groups do a very good job of matching the right dog with the right home and family.  The adoption application is quite comprehensive for this reason.

Have your friend check out www.greyhoundexpressions.org  We get new dogs in about every other month.  The adoption fee is $250 and that just covers our cost to transport the dog from the track to Michigan and have the dog vetted which includes spaying or neutering and bringing all vaccinations up to date.

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: