SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 12:21:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 vending mechanism  (Read 3582 times)
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« on: January 18, 2011, 05:45:11 pm »

Hey everyone I thought I was done with this thing, but I am stuck once again! I have everything re assembled, and it cools/look great, but the bottle stack is messed up I think. It always allows a drink to be pulled unless the handle is all the way down. I went inside the cabinet and turned the mechanism to the right (the way the crank handle would turn it ) it locks the drinks in place. When I turn it back to the left (which is how it is without turning it )it releases them. Did I put something on backwards or something? The crank handle would release and turn fine with a coin, and I recently set it to free vend with a 6-32 screw.
I am having issues with it not popping back as well. I removed the rejector and cleaned and lubed everything to no avail. Should I replace the main spring on the handle or the one within the handle?

Regardless of the handle not popping back, the inside mechanism still is working backwards I think. I searched the threads and couldn't find anything on this. I did however find how to set it to free play! Thanks for any and all help. I am trying to get this thing ready for auction next month, and have about a week to spare!

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:48:50 pm »

As far as the handle not returning, disconnect the linkage and try the mech without it connected to anything. If it returns correctly, then the problem lies with the linkage or beyond. Several people have called me after I've done a mech restoration with this same issue and the problem is the insulation in the main door is binding the linkage. You need to have a channel cut in the insulation for the linkage to move freely.

As far as the stack, sounds to me like something is backwards and is probably a quick fix

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 07:06:17 pm »

As far as the stack goes, there are 3 springs. One returns the cup at the bottom and may not have enough pull to return it adding to your handle problem. The other spring lifts the 9 plates on the inside. The one that is probably giving you problems is  mounted horizontally and rerurns the lockout mechanism, it is found inside he stack very near the bottom.
      Best to remove the stack, stand it up and operate it manually to understand how it all works.

Glen
bmw90w
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »

You know what, I bet you it is the insulation because I put it in there pretty thick. I am just trying to avoid taking that door liner off again!
 I will try to clear a path for it and post back tomorrow.

In regards to the sprngs on the stack, even ifthey were bad, it should still turn the other way right?

Cavalier CS-96
Vendo 81-A
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 12:17:03 am »

You know what, I bet you it is the insulation because I put it in there pretty thick. I am just trying to avoid taking that door liner off again!
 I will try to clear a path for it and post back tomorrow.

In regards to the sprngs on the stack, even ifthey were bad, it should still turn the other way right?

Sorry - no shortcut around that!
I have heard that answer too - "You mean I have to remove all 50+ screws again!"
Good Luck!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 01:32:25 am »

Good things to know.
Thanks All!!
Creighton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print