SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:08:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oddities  (Read 2907 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« on: January 01, 2011, 06:19:25 pm »

Watched another episode of Oddities. Who would of ever guessed that I could of sold that dead cat under my front porch for a couple hundred dollars?
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:09:04 pm »

Theres some freaky people on that show, esp the guy with the mummyfied cat Oo

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 12:39:39 am »

How about the normal, pretty looking blond that came in, was an artist, made jewelry out of toe/finger nails...
And the owner thought they wouldn't go well with their store! Hello?...  You sell mummy hands and monkey skulls
they were a perfect fit!... Don't even want to know what they have turned away or want they sell from the back room.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 03:00:11 pm »

I think the prices were too high on the toenail sculptures. Did you see the model/mortician that wanted the mortuary table for her new line of clothes she's designing? Weird
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 06:08:20 pm »

I think the truly odd thing on the show is the fact the heavier set guy that works at the shop only owns one gray t-shirt...  Maybe two, I notice one has a stain and one doesn't but that just may have been a little spill that dried...  I guess its for editing purposes, but thaty are always wearing the same outfit.  Did they film the whole season in a day???  Of course I sat there and left the Oddities marathon on while cleaning house and got stuck watching to find out just how much a mumified cat goes for just in case I happen to see one at a garage sale...

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:41:08 pm »

A few years ago I was at a old house in a ran down neighborhood picking up a soda machine and a Bennett 156 oil rack from the 50's. This house was so ran down that the owner ripped out the cement foundation he claimed at the time to replum the piping in the entire floor of the house. In the ivy at the front door he had this scary petrofied looking mummy cat the got stuck and died in the bushes. The guy claimed that it had been there for 20+ years and he decided to leave it there for whatever reason. I went back there a couple of years later to pick up some more stuff and the cat was still there in the ivy and the floor of the house was still dirt. Sounds crazy but we have a good laugh about it every now and then.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: