SMC Discussion Areas
June 19, 2024, 02:40:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neat 60's coke cup machine on Chicago Craigs list (cheap)  (Read 6544 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 06:46:27 pm »

Dave,

It's a Ditchburn "Minicold" model 670.

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 06:47:10 pm »

Manual and tag.

A lot of stuff.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 09:43:38 pm »

I really like that... Wish I could find something like that over here for $75.00

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »

I've been calling it grass burner, hayfire, all kinds of weird names.  I just new it had something to do with fire and grass.

In a Rob Schneider voice from SNL "You put your weed in there!"

Very cool & uncommon machine! Don't let it just gather dust!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 10:51:45 am »

Truth be told, the guy sold the machine out from under neath me! Oh well, at least someone Larry knows got it! I had taked to the guy at 10 pm on Friday night saying I would be by before 1 pm on Sat to pick it up, he said deal, then Larry and his friend went over and the guy sold it. Would have been a nice one to go with my others, but as they say you can't have them all! If the guy ever wants to sell Larry, keep me in mind!

I did get one thing from the show! After years of begging, Larry sold me his Mills 400 cup machine! Larry, thank you again for letting me be the one to take it off your hands! I will make ever attempt to get it going and you will be the first one to have a drink from it, once it is running smoth with clean tasty Coke!!! THANKS AGAIN! This is such a great group of people on here!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 11:25:29 am »

Sorry about the Ditchburn, it seems my friend struck up the same deal with the seller.  When we got there he mentioned that someone came over to buy it the day before but decided buy his huge Coke sign instead.  It appears this guy made a lot of deals with various people.  I didn't even know it was on the site until you told me yesterday.  I've been mainly just clicking the "Roll call to Chicago" link.  My friends been looking for a machine for months and he's on a tight budget, so I'm happy for him, but I think a bottle machine would suit him better.

I still think the Mills is a better looking and rarer machine than the Lyons, but it was to overwhelming for me without any information.  Plus my son wasn't interested in it anymore, so you were the obvious choice.  I would love to see it working.  It is a sleek machine.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: