SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 01:38:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do you usually hold a machine for free on an ebay purchase?  (Read 2699 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: September 16, 2010, 05:48:55 am »

I usually say in my auctions that I can hold something for a few weeks at no charge however the last two machines I have sold seem to have been forgotten about. One is a Glasco GBV 50 that has been here about 39 days (its small so I am not too worried about it) and the other is Ricks 3 door Victor. I have had it for 43 days now. His guys have called me for the past three weeks about picking it up and each time they say it will be picked up the following week. This machine is a monster and I cannot get anything done in my shop with the beast in the middle of it. 43 days seems a little long. What do you all do in this case? Would you charge a storage fee? I told him in the beginning that I would hold it no more than 30 days as I needed it out ASAP due to its size but these are the emails that he ignored. I have always had people pick everything up quickly so I am not used to this.

Josh
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:59:05 am »

Call him and tell him he has (2) days to remove it or you will !

If it was specified in the auction and he has breached/defaulted on those terms he is in violation of Ebay policy and he has no recourse, you do. Notify Ebay, keep the cooler, refund Ricky's money (or don't and it will drag out) and sell the sucker on Craigslist or something.

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 08:01:02 am »

contact them and tell them you need to move them out of the way and drag them around the back of the shop... That might light a
fire under them and at least they'll be out of the way....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 08:02:46 am »

I secind Brian's suggestion.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:16:18 am »

Define "few weeks"...
You may need to be more specific from this point forward and state you may/could store an item for UP TO but not more than 4 weeks ! ! !
The reason for "may/could" is for you to decide on smaller items and larger items and how they affect your working environment...

As for this situation, as everyone else has stated, contact him, notify him he is beyond your agreement and the item is being relocated behind your shop!
Should he wish to continue to keep it indoors this will require storage fees and charge accordingly...

My six cents,

Jim

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 08:18:12 am »

IF they are paid for and you have space, I'd just stick them in a corner or out back..
if space is the issue, then yeah tell them your going to have to move them outside ot something as you don't have room..

Josh, we've never met, and I know you consider all (most) of us friends on this board, so some friendly advice... (STOP USING EBAY)... you seem to have the most problems than anyone I've ever heard of... biggrin

Hope it all works out..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:51:34 am »

I just read the auction and it said I would store it for 30 days. Its not a huge problem. I just wanted to get your opinions. I agree I have had an unusual amount of issues with ebay recently. I am using Craigslist more than ebay now but I can't stop using it. I just wanted to get everyones opinion . I won't take it from him and resell it. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me so I won't do it to him. I sent him a message tuesday saying he had until Friday to get it out or I would have to charge for storage. I unfortunately can't put it outside. My shop is my home and my landlord and my wife would not allow it to go outside Smiley

Thanks for your opinions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: