SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 03:33:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting E-Bay Listing  (Read 7417 times)
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 04:31:23 pm »

I think the "Nate" guy is a real person...he contacted me about a machine and he had a local phone # (Salem, Oregon). He is also the person that had the Vendo 81 "C" for sale awhile back...he has Rick restore things for him and then he sells them using Ebay, Craigslist and Rick's website.  Also, I can't believe they are making a show around Rick...he seems like a nice guy, but I feel there is a handful of people on this website who are at least as knowledgeable and would be great for the show.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 04:34:45 pm »

Even though Rick is arrogant off screen, the idea of a dedicated show may not be a bad idea.
Most people don't realize how good their old machine may look when restored and they can't ALL send theirs to Las Vegas.
Rick will probably be the highest priced restorer soon, so that leaves a lot of newly created buisness for anyone who is
familliar with breaking down these machines and re-assembling.

Seller: "I've seen these machines go for $6000.00 restored".
         Reply: "OK, call me when you get it restored and we'll talk."  biggrin

Glen
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 05:57:51 pm »

I like that response!

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 06:12:13 pm »

You are wise beyond your years, Moondawg =)

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 08:23:53 pm »

Even though Rick is arrogant off screen, the idea of a dedicated show may not be a bad idea.
Most people don't realize how good their old machine may look when restored and they can't ALL send theirs to Las Vegas.
Rick will probably be the highest priced restorer soon, so that leaves a lot of newly created buisness for anyone who is
familliar with breaking down these machines and re-assembling.

Seller: "I've seen these machines go for $6000.00 restored".
         Reply: "OK, call me when you get it restored and we'll talk."  biggrin

Glen , I know it sound good and it looks good , BUT  Rick! the man that said this is your machine ( vendo 39 to a Cav 72 )  with a straight face  .They could have choose someone much better like you Glen or Rod or Steve Jebb or Terry or Joe from Be bop Joe's OR even Mike from American Chopper( HA HA HA ) anybody else than Rick .

But if this helps the hobby  then so let it be,  but I still don't feel good Oo
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:26:43 pm by Pat Pixley » Logged
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 10:00:42 pm »

You guys are late to the party!  I posted something about Rick getting his own show a few months back.
http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,11142.10.html

Shows like that will help us find stuff that was just sitting around, but also bring out the idiots who think their stuff is worth a fortune.

I was on Rick's email list because I asked a question about an Ebay auction years ago.  I emailed him after the Vendo 39 incident and told him how disappointed I was with the results.

Here is his response :
Hi, thanks, The network needed to shoot asap and made that decision on there own. We finished the 39 too late for them to shoot. Here is what we did to that machine.

I don't know Rick,  I know some others here do. 

One thing I do know though.  Reality shoes are not REAL!!  There is so much BS behind the scenes it is not funny.  A friend of mine worked at a local radio station.  90% of the contests they had were rigged in some way.  Friends of DJ's and other staff were always the winners.  The only reality is that it boils down to this "it is not what you know that counts.  It is who you know"

Marvin

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 10:09:12 pm »

Josh.. you should have held his check.. you could of had his autograph.. smile

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke