SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 01:29:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone painted their Coke machine with Rustoleum spray cans?  (Read 22389 times)
oldcoke
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 02:52:31 pm »

What part of Western Ky?

Mayfield, Ky. About 21 miles South of Paducah, Ky.
oldcoke
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 02:56:01 pm »

I used a couple of cans of clear over the paint on that 56 I did....can't hurt!

I heard that if you put clear over the paint you get a lot of fish eye. Any truth in this? I would hate to mess up a good paint job. I would also be using Rustoleum clear.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 03:08:51 pm »

Fish eyes are a result of painting over grease, wax or something like that. If you spray the clear after the color and it is compatible paint you won't have any problems. However if you spray the color and you like the way it looks then there is no reason to spray the clear. Clear is mostly just to make it shine. When painting automotive paint that is base/clear the base or color coat is very dull and the shine comes from the clear. When using a spray bomb I don;t see the need to use clear. With that said you can go to an automotive paint stpre and they will mix you auto paint in a spray can. It will be a lot more expensive but the paint will be 100% better. With using rustoleum I have found that their "professional" series paints are best. That is what the blue Pepsi machine I posted was painted with.
oldcoke
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 01:20:28 pm »

Here are a few pictures of the Coke Machine as it is today. I have to sand the back a little more then prime then wet sand the machine then take outside and paint the white first. I painted all the bigger parts outside. As you can see it also needs all new seals around the doors. The Coke machine is in great running condition and over all in really good shape with no rust or dents. All parts where there.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:27:47 pm by oldcoke » Logged
oldcoke
5 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 07:10:19 pm »

I did not take the paint all the way down to bare metal because there was no need with no rust or dents and just sanded like I would a car and primered, wet sanded and paint. Plenty of prep work. This will be always inside in the reck room. Then I will be getting started on my v-23.
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 08:22:35 pm »

That's the most important thing, the prep work to a good looking job.

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up