SMC Discussion Areas
June 15, 2024, 05:11:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of a VMC 144SA  (Read 7051 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: August 26, 2010, 12:53:17 pm »

There is a VMC 144SA multi drink machine local to me. It is complete (Minus the pepsi lens) and cools. It looks to be in good condition. I would be buying it to clean up and try to resell. They are asking 4350 but I can get it for $250. Is it worth buying? I know it is a big machine but I think they are cool looking. After all it is a three selection and I am not positive but I think it vends cans? What would you all do? Here is a pic.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »

Anyone have any input?? Even personal opinions? Is this machine that much of a dog? The first big machine I ever saw was when I went to Matkito's house and saw his Vendo 216 in his kitchen. He had built a recessed area for the machine to go inyoso the front door was flush with the the wall. Although it was a huge machine it was really really good looking and after all you only have to fill it maybe once per year but you may have to take a second mortgage to fill it up  biggrin

I like these big machines for some reason. If it doesn't sell I may keep it. I know I keep saying that but times are tough with still being unemployed so machine I buy to keep end up being sold to keep the electricity on.

I was thinking of cleaning it up, detail the inside and get it cooling. Even if it doesn't cool I have two extra working systems. So detailing it and getting it working will not cost much. Right now it is advertised as untested. Its also just down the street so no shipping costs. Is it worth getting for $250?? I know it wont be able to be sold for a fortune but if it sells for anything more than what I have in it I will be happy. I enjoy the working on these machines and This will be a fun project.

Has anyone ever owned one and sold it? did it do well?
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »

Hey Josh...I've never owned one (yet), but I do think they are a neat machine.  I almost bought a RC version of that machine, just was a bit too far away.  I think the asking price was $200 and it was complete, nice and cooling.  I've watched a couple of the Pepsi ones as well, just nothing close enough.  I probably wouldn't pay more than $200 - 250 for one myself.  Everytime I mention getting one, I'm told they are too big and stay away.  I'd pick that one up if I was you, but don't expect to make much on reselling it.

Just my two cents!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 06:00:21 pm »

I don't see any resale value in those machines.  My money is tight now, so I would pass if it was around here.

Marvin
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:44:14 pm »

Even though it is a round corner machine, those push buttons, vend relays and vend motors can cause you more headaches than you may be expecting.

Glen
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:18:13 am »

I like it, Josh. Course I'm still at the stage where I like all of them. LOL So take that with a grain of salt.

Steve

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »

Ill wait a while and see if I can get him down on the price. I know it is not a great investment but if I can get it cheap it may be worth it. I found a guy on ebay that makes these lightup signs and he will sell just the lens. I think it would look great where the original round sign went. It would look great with some new paint and the sign. Glen you are right about the buttons and relays. I have had those problems working on newer bubble front machines and it is a nightmare. I figure if I can get one of those monsters working I can get this as well. One of my side jobs is arcade repair so the electrical part doesn't scare me. The only major problem is if the motors are bad.

Here is the link to the light up sign. Check it out. I think this would be a great replacement for broken or missing signs for these Vendo's and the selectivends that use the same sign. This guy personally makes each sign and can do them in any logo. I think they are really good looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330455868471&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 04:22:37 pm »

Josh,
That machine will never be worth much. I wouldn't waste time in dire times with a no win. You have done some great ST's.
Creighton
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 08:25:24 pm »

It's big and doesn't really have much of a following but that may make it an even better machine to have since it won't be common. I remember when 58 Chevys weren't desirable and many went to the crusher but look at them now. If you can find one your going to pay dearly for it. But on the other side of the coin remember the Edsel.

If your buying it for your self I don't think I would worry much about it's future value. Buy it and fix it up, then enjoy having a cool old Pepsi machine. And for the record, I would pay the $250.00 for it based on the fact that you can look it over and drag it home yourself, No shipping! I was looking at one recently and the reason I didn't buy was the fact that it was located 13 hours away.

Good luck
Pat Pixley
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 11:28:26 pm »

Yep Johnie G has done all my work and will always he is a great guy to know and a great friend smile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: