SMC Discussion Areas
June 19, 2024, 02:23:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Popperette for sale on eBay  (Read 31576 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 11:15:40 am »

Not to derail the thread, but i didn't think Rolf Harris had another hit beside "Tie me Kangaroo down, sport"

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 12:23:17 pm »

Hmm?  Who is aristocrat?  Why would you post under a different name? When your already registered under another?  A case for Mr. Sherlock Holmes of Scotland yard .
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 12:24:17 pm »

Hey GP the table that we use is long enough.  You'll be safe and who knows, maybe you might find something cool there.  It's a good show and the people who show up prior to show for a little get together are all top notch.

A lot of stuff.
aristocrat
10 Cent Member

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 12:44:24 pm »

Hmm?  Who is aristocrat?  Why would you post under a different name? When your already registered under another?  A case for Mr. Sherlock Holmes of Scotland yard

For the forum member named "Cokemachinesandmore"

Splendid that you enter into the spirit, It does you great credit indeed!

However as i have said to the good doctor Watson many times............

"You know a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his trick"

GP not SH

mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 12:58:43 pm »

I know many of the people on this site try not to bid against each other on machines, especially if they are only thinking about buying the machine and flipping.  I think things change when it is a machine that you plan on buying and keeping--especially one that does not come up to often.

If this was a Westinghouse standard cooler and one member outbid another, I think that would be an issue (although I have seen them go for $6,000 on E-Bay! tounge ).  But on a rare item like a Popperette, I don't see that there is an issue.  I am sure that many people on this site (include me in that group) were watching that item even before the E-Bay cat was let out of the bag on SMC.  And we all had a max bid that we were willing to place if it did not got to high (again guilty as charged).  If it had stayed under $2K I would have probably been in the mix as well.

Last year when a Stoner Jr. with a Gum Wheel came up several members were bidding on it and I think Frank ended up getting it.  It is a rare machine that you don't see too often.  We can do our best to stay out of each other's way; but, in the instance of a rare machine I think you are going to have multiple members bidding whether they admit it or not.

This is still a great forum and all of the members that I have interacted with go out of their way to help each other but we all know when you want a machine as a keeper and you have the cash available you are going to go for it!

drinking Tim drinking

PS:  If a Cavalier C9-871/494 ever comes up:

http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=247&Itemid=14

I will not only be bidding against you but I will also be looking for several of you to help me pick it up and deliver it to my garage! biggrin Cool laugh
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 01:04:43 pm »

Will the real GP please stand up.  LOL   and I thought I was goinng to be bored at work today.  Thanks for the entertainment. Now off to las vegas for 10 days. Does anyone want to use my season tickets to the cubs or white sox while I am gone ?  Larry mills 400
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 01:18:29 pm »

I know my wife would love to go to a Cubs game.  Too bad I don't love my wife. tounge

Maybe we could get some GINGER snaps and listen to some PRINCE on the way there.  Wait, that doesn't make any sense.  I'll pass that along to Sherlock.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:20:34 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
vendo39
10 Cent Member

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 01:22:04 pm »

I think we need a sign up sheet so we can determine in advance whose turn it is to win the the next Popperette on Ebay!  I too was bidding on this but I was a few hundred short this time.  I think I have bid on five machines on Ebay now and I've lost them all to someone on this site.

Brian

Vendo 39, 44, 56, 81B
Vendo Changer, early
Vendo Changer, late
Dr. Pepper Queen Anne
Nesbitts Ideal 85

Popperette, Stoner JR, Stoner 180,
Stoner Theater, Mills Candy, Canteen Candy
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 02:22:03 pm »

Larry,  Ginger is that something like a boy named Sue? like as in my guy Johnny Cash (THE MAN IN BLACK)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 02:35:25 pm »

"And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him Bill or George, anything but Sue."  J.C.

I wonder if the man in black had a Popperette??
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:05:32 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: