SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 01:51:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Quality Reproduction Parts? 81A  (Read 2051 times)
American And Proud
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:09:02 pm »

Who has the Best reproduction parts available?

I Hate restoring something and buy the reproduction part and it looks nothing like the Original part.

I will be restoring the 81A I just bought, I found a very small rust hole in the side so I must tear it all down and do the proper repair work.

I need a complete wiring harness. All dry rotted.

Fan Motor. Tried turning it by hand and it's very stiff, not turning freely, without being plugged it, should it spin freely?

Inside plastic door cover. Mine has a crack.

Gaskets, will try further cleaning but we shall see.

Chrome replacement bezels. Mine are lightly pitted.

My interior is in nice shape, I am Missing 4 shelves with the springs, I want to find original replacements in good shape so they Match the original galvanized interior I plan to Keep it original inside.

I will remove everything and sandblast any rust I find and do the repairs as needed and repaint.

I will replace any other parts as I find the need but I want to order up the obvious parts to have on hand from the start.

I was a body and fender man for 11 years way back, so I can handle all the repair and paint work, I have two HVLP spray guns full sized and a nice touch up gun, air brushes, a Mig welder and Oxy - Acetylene tanks and torches.

A sandblasting cabinet and a pressurized sandblasting unit.

Hammers Dollies the full spectrum of bodyman tools.

Now it's a matter of makin room in my garage for another project. lol

I bought a 9ft 14 gauge plug cord to replace the bad one so I can give it a Test run and hopefully the compressor still works and cools.

I saw a Stainless Steel bottom liner has anyone bought and installed one of these?

Anything else I should order from the start?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:22:07 pm »

Funtronics makes/sells fantastic replacement parts. The only part that will not be correct is their shelves are solid and do not have the slider and spring setup. You will have to find originals for the shelves. Everything else I would give Funtonics a call. Rod and Janet are great people and will help you with whatever you need.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 09:28:11 am »

DIDDO what Josh said,
Rod and Janet at Funtronics are the way to go, not only do they have the correct parts, but are great contributors to this site and hobby.
as far as original shelves, those do pop up from time to time if your looking to keep those the same..
as far as testing your compressor, you can just unplug it from the block and plug it in directly to see if it runs and cools.

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:39:57 am »

Fun-tronics is the way to go!  Good quality and good knowledge base to help you with you resotration!

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: