SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 09:20:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 C Yes C  (Read 7116 times)
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 11:40:26 pm »

I partly ask as I recently got a VMC 81 Transitional 7UP machine from a guy who also had a Vendo 81.  He or someone had tried to repaint it at some point and it was two toned but I could see where the graphics had been painted over on the side.  I noticed it had a green medallion though.  I could go into the story about the half tail job that he was planning on doing to restore it.  I gave him the fun-tronics website and told him since he had an 81 that those were pretty collectable it would be worth it in the long run to restore it right.  Also I told him to call me when he decided to get rid of it, but I am now curious to find out what he has.  Probably nothing extra special but, I think it had a green medallion as that caught my eye.  Haven't been around any 81's before and being a newbie I didn't know all the little details.  Plus I was there to get a different one and was more concerned on getting it loaded.  Thanks for the info.  Please feel free to pass along any knowledge you got. 

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 09:25:02 am »

Unless Coke ordered some all red machines for some markets or venders that didn't want the white. Maybe it would be distracting in an office and they only wanted one color or something like that?Huh??
I agree with Jim, I really don't get the "order" that they came out , and Josh as far as some vendors didn't want the white, I have a hard time believing that Coke would Change their marketing message just for a "Special Few" that said it clashed with there office or business decor? so not sure what that is all about?

Personally like the two toned b's and D's the best too... I've even two toned an A once or twice via a Customer request...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 10:55:07 am »

My idea was just a thought. It could have also been during the transition to white top machines. They could have already made the white topped B model and while testing the new color scheme they made the C with the current colors to test the market?? These are all just ideas. It does make sense that it could have been a market study to which machines caught the eye better and the B model won?
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 11:15:27 am »

Josh  makes a valid point, when were the c's  built, during or after the decision to go two tone was invoked?

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: