SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 01:19:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Compressor stands  (Read 13056 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 11:24:59 pm »

Should I replace the motors even if they still work?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:32:42 pm by scalebowler » Logged
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:31:50 pm »

YES replace those fan motors ,   nothing worse than a old fan motor going bad
 after you get the compressor looking all pretty and stuffed back in then you have a old fan motor go down. oh
Then you would have wished you had replace it .
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 10:54:34 pm »

I started building my compressor stand today. Would have had it done if I had not run out of wood when I only had 3 more pieces to cut.  glare Oh well. What I did was took some 2X4s and cut them to size then I rabbeted the shorter pieces and screwed and glued the frame together. Then I took a piece of plywood (well not exactly plywood but I can't remember the exact name for it right now) and screwed and glued the piece down and put little pieces of wood under the sides not touching the 2x4s so that all sides would be supported. Kind of like building a floor in a house. lol Here are some pictures of what I have so far. Let me know what you think. Also how much does the compressor deck weigh?

underside
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:17:19 am by scalebowler » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 05:24:07 am »

Nice looking stand so far, but I think it will weigh more than the compressor assembly when you are finished.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 11:40:29 pm »

I finally got the stand done. I know it looks big and bulky but I did measure everything and it will have plenty of room to fit and the evaporator will be at the correct heighth without messing anything up. Also it is very strong. I sat on it to see how strong it was and it held very well. (even rode it around on the floor to test out the casters. biggrin

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 11:08:54 am »

Looks very well built.
       You might want to move those upright supports to the 4 corners to allow you to work on the compressor area below a lot easier. You will be using it a lot in the furure for your next machines  biggrin

Glen
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 02:17:23 pm »

Looks very well built.
       You might want to move those upright supports to the 4 corners to allow you to work on the compressor area below a lot easier. You will be using it a lot in the furure for your next machines  biggrin
You were right about those supports being in the way. I don't know what I was thinking but they were really in the way when I was trying to clean around the compressor. I wonder if I moved one set to the back if it would be easier to work with.
smith
10 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »

Do you have to notch the sides, so the unit will sit more center? The one I built looks something like that, then I took saw horses, with a piece plywood, & sit ot right on top. Real easy to work on. Mike
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »

here is what I use to work on and clean compressors. It's an old Grocery cart that I welded up a few supports and then another support to hold up the condensor from the compressor.  It's great to roll around the shop, roll it outside to sandblast it, and paint it right on the stand... the supports are small enought to work around and easy to get the sand blaster in the tight spots..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 11:12:12 pm »

Here's what I use, its a 'custom' plastic ottoman for the outdoor lawn chairs, very classy.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: