SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 05:52:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy Machine ID  (Read 2759 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: April 13, 2010, 06:48:02 pm »

Was out on the road for business today and stopped to see a candy machine that I saw on CL.  The machine was appoximately 20"-24" tall and about 5"-6" deep.  It had four 1 cent column vendors that all worked and the key for the top.  The machine appears to have had some form of a base ithat is no longer with the machine because the bottom was similar to the bottom of the top half of a Stoner.  There were no manufacturer's markings except for the letters "A M" on the dispensing chute covers.  The only thing that looked like it wasn't original was one of the glass panes that had been replaced with plexi.

Just curious if anyone out there recognizes the machine and can ID the manufacturer and approximate age?  I went to see it because I thought it might be a Lawrence but it did not seem to be as well built as one of those.

Thanks for any assistance!

drinking Tim drinking
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:33:00 pm »

Send an image to Roger at Crow River He'd know... pretty nice looking machine.. how much?...
 I seen one similar at Chicago last year for around $125.. The closest machine in my book is the Lawrence.
but it has a different top... 1950s?...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:42:05 am by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 07:56:19 pm »

Thanks Eric!  I sent Roger the same message and pictures.  The guy wants $200 which seems a bit high.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 02:05:26 pm »

ebay has a double Lawrence on now to compair too... #190383814376

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 11:04:42 pm »

Roger got back to me and said this machine was manufactured by the Scoopy Mfg. Co. in the 50's.  I have never heard of that company.  This is a neat vending machine but I am still on the fence.

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: