SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:42:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pepsi 81 cl nj  (Read 4739 times)
sodahere
10 Cent Member

« on: February 10, 2010, 08:44:27 am »

Who from ny got that vmc 81 pepsi from south jersey cl for $ 700.I called the guy but he said he was holding it for someone in ny to come in two days to buy it.I told him I could be there in a hour or two but he said he promised it to this person.Do you guys hold without $$,first person with$$ gets it in my book I do not hold.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 09:13:14 am »

I have bought a few things where I could not get there right away and appreciate it when a seller holds it for me (as long as I come when I say I will). As a seller, I would do the same. But as soon as the buyer defaults, I would move on to the next buyer in line.
I feel your pain though!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:13:24 am »

I think he did the right thing. Hold it for the person he promised it to. If the guy doesn't show up on the 2nd day, then it is avail. again. Two days is reasonable.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:46:59 am »

I think he did the right thing, if the buyer said he could be there in a certain time period like a day, I'd hold it too. if he went outside of that time limit, off to the next in line.
thats a great buy for 700.00 wow..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:16 pm »

One other note: Make sure the seller has your phone number and knows to call you ASAP if the other buyer doesn't show.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:45 pm »

I would also agree that he did the right thing.  When I advertise something for sale, I like to take people in the order that they called unless they cannot be there for an unreasonable amount of time.  I was selling a mini-van a while back and I immediately had 6 or 7 interested parties (probably sold it too cheap)!  I think it was the 5th person who was literally begging me and telling me that she would bring the money right away.  I took them in order and the first guy test drove it and paid full asking.  I guess that is how I would like to be treated.  It really ticks me off when you contact someone about an item, set up a time to go and see it and then when you go to stop by they tell you they have sold it.  UNLESS--the ad says something like "the first $XXX takes it".  Then the race is on.

I recently got a good price on a 36" Coca Cola button and the lady held it for longer than I thought she would because we were having a hard time connecting.  I gave her an extra $20 for not selling it out from under me.

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 03:27:39 pm »

I would hold it for that person and have done so in the past and have held it a day longer when the same
person called asking for the extra day because of truck problems .

we have had this discussion in a round about way before , Making that call heading over there to get this prize  and the seller call you  (or not in some cases)  sorry sold it .

We all hate that and we all have pissed and moaned about it, so why would you want to do that to someone else . 

MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 03:36:31 pm »

This happen to me a couple weeks ago. I seen a listing on Craigslist. Contacted the lister and told him i would take sight unseen, I was going to pay via m/o and he kinda freaked out but i told him to hold it as long as possible to feel good about the m/o. So he agreed to sell it to me. So i got my m/o and i was going to mail it out on a monday. Well i got an email saturday saying it was mine and wanted to know if i wanted anything else, I said what do u got......Well the next day he told me he sold it for more money and he couldn't pass the deal up. Man was i pissed ! But i bit my tongue and ask if he could make a copy of the manual for me.  Lone and behold he said he would make me a manual but it was going to cost me $30 bucks. I bought it. Long story short Its just like nobody holds to there word anymore.....

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
VMC 81
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 09:36:57 pm »

If they promise the item to me I would ask them to take the listing down